Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Runaways

In like 1974 I was watching this movie on channel 7. It was called "Dawn...Portrait of a Teenage Prostitute."
It starred a then post Brady Bunch Jan,aka Eve Plum(b)?. For me,the movie was riveting,because I have always,always wanted to run away from the scene I was in. And even then,I knew that Hollywood held something more,and yet something more dangerous than I was leading, but I was so attracted to that life so much more than this life.
Dawn, aka Jan Brady,is a ho on the rough and tumble streets of Holywood. But,as much as I was riveted to to Dawn and Alexander (Leigh J. McClosky), her male hustler friend, I was more riveted to the song that exited each scene.
If you know the song "Cherry Bomb" you know the beginning. Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun-Dun...Can't stay at home..."
These teasers where prevelent all through this movie, and when the song finally clicked in,and played, I was transformed.
I watched the credits,and people, if you watch CSI these days and hear a good song, they don't give credit.
But the God's were with me that night.
I sat about 2 inches from the big RCA..."Your gonna ruin your eyes".
And there it said.
"Cherry Bomb" by the Runaways.
The next day I made my way out to Korvette's and baught "The Runaways"

No comments: