Saturday, August 20, 2011

Crucial Blunders

Sometimes i wake up and I'm just smelling my pillow, trying to be Zen and it hits me.
My roof in St.Thomas was such. Southern exposure (the street where we hitched)...from my room, about 12 feet drop. Collorbone, bruised hip. East...3 feet...bruised ego. West is funny because I do not think I have ever been on that side of the hpuse.
North keeps me up at night.
Jay (my roomate) would go up in the early morn. to check the surf.
We had steps up and then some gate/ladder we had to swing over and walk parallell to the sun and reach the top.
I had a roof party one Monday. I brought up my stereo system (turntables in those days) and a big rug for dancing.
It was me, Marni, Sherrie and Jay. I dee jayed.
Afterwards me and Jay sat on the North side of the apt and blew a joint. I looked down and I have had thos fear of heights since, It was like an 180 foot drop/ My screams inside were audible. man. I think of this to this day and still sqirm/


No comments: