Monday, February 12, 2007

Embrace the Day

I guess I was getting too used to reading New York Magazine. I have read this mag for about 22 years and just recently I started to realize that I was not in their target group. Subconsciously I did, because, I was going to make it, ya see.
Maybe, from being poor, it seemed that this was some Elitist Mag and I was not invited. Yet, scurriously; I have used this publication.
I used to work at this very cool apt/hotel and I dealt with the mail. We had this 'bitch-face' lady who had one of the rentals ($320 a month) versus 160 a day. Anyway, I caught on to her act. She used to get this Manila Envelope from NY Magazine bi-monthly, and it was then that I had became addicted to the 'Crosswords' of New York mag (which was on the back page). Upon nary a search, Miss Sourpuss Sophisticate was putting an add in the 'Personals' column. (kind of pricey) on the pages previous to the Maura Jacobson brilliantness of a puzzle.
This snot face, whom I'd see with different guys through the week was a desperate hag.
I also found out some other cool things. The guy 'married' to the old feeble woman was getting "Playgirl"... (This was in the times of the murder of this Swedish exchange student which was attributed to Andrew Crispo, the curator). The bar, "Rounds" was right across the street from my hotel.
Some nights I had to work a double and my boss; a creepy faction of the earth would let me 'sleep over.' He was this creepy looking dude. He was not pretty. He was a cross between Danny DeVito and Pauley from Rocky. Anyway, the 'apt' I got to take was 4F...He permanently lived in 4 D. Yuch-o-rama.
I knew I was being filmed as I whacked off to Robin Byrd.
It was a sick scene.

No comments: