Thursday, October 01, 2009

Long ago, in a faraway land...

Okay, how can I put this correctly. I was never read to as a child. You know, Mommy or Daddy tucks you into bed and you just plead for one more page of "The Princess and the Pea" and then it's lights out, you promise, while your nibbling on an Oreo with a glass of milk set upon a bev nap on the nightstand. And with that, I guess, my imagination was not nurtured to grow vivid. And that Teflon-like inventiveness would have come in handy for what was to proceed in the next couple of years to my family and most scarring, to me. For years I've been reading about the movie studio wars with the making of the children's book,"Where the Wild things Are", which coincidentally, I read as an adult.(Too late). When Spike Jonze was attached to direct it I was equally psyched (Being John Malkovitch, Adaptation). I happened to see the trailer in the movie theater the other day, and I kind of almost lost it. Instantly, I got this Florida Grapefruit in my throat. It's a story about a boy who needs and wants protectors. And he finds them in this pack of 'wild things'. The part where I almost lost it was At the end of the trailer, where the one wild thing says to the boy, "I wanna eat you up, I love you so". Hokey? I guess to some, yes. But, it's just all about the conviction in the voice. So sincere and heartwarming for someone who definitely needs these words of love. Watch the trailer...choose #2 This looks fantastic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww