Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Le Boob Tube

Did you ever move to a new state and have to totally re program yourself as to what the television channels are. I'm always going to assume that 2 (CBS), 4 (NBC) and 7(ABC) are going to be the same everywhere, yet they are not. If that's not bad enough, I'm guessing that certain state's budgets only allow sub-bar, cheaper airtime reruns that usually are on during the day. For example: at 10 am and 11 am you will find three separate channels running The Jerry Springer Show (demand, I'm assuming) and I think Becker has it's best numbers here in Fla. as well. It runs like Sienfeld or ...Raymond would in New York. I actually am beginning to like the geriatric trifecta of an hour of The Golden Girls followed by an hour of Matlock and then everyone favorite sleuth in Murder She Wrote. Television is like white noise for me that is always on in the background. I find it hard, no make that painfully hard to sit and watch television by itself; especially if you scan around at the hubris being passed along as entertainment this summer.

No comments: