Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Yeah...it does seem to be the hardest word

What's happening in this world these days? Was I in Rehab when the message got passed around that you no longer have to say, 'I'm sorry.' I mean, I know at one point I would overuse this phrase; it was probably while I was getting the shit beat out of me by my sperm donor/father and I was about 7 years old and I had done something I KNEW I would repeat. But those disingenuous words do not apply to me as an adult when I say them and mean them.And don't get me started with those fuckheads I have met in my lifetime, for when I would say ' Sorry bout that' or something to that effect, reply with 'You don't have to be sorry.' Fuck, I wanna body slam em' right there.I deal with my mother a little to much these days, and even she, the woman who would cry @ the telephone company commercials refuses to use this phrase. "You want me to say I'm sorry? I'm not." WTF? What do you say when you are wrong and want to make peace?She'll be (sarcastic tone), "Okay. Your right, Mickey. Your right. Okay?""Um. No. It's not okay. Just say your sorry."Saying your sorry about something has you acknowledging that you may not have been right in that situation. It's sort of saying to the other person, 'Okay. I made that mistake and it won't happen again.' Not drilling your sarcastic laced venomous voice into said persons head that you were actually wrong but I will say 'your right' so you can get away from me. Whew.

No comments: