Sunday, January 09, 2005

They were the best of times, they were the worst of times...

Vietnam was raging. Manson was prophesizing. And yet, I was reflecting today on how I would love to have been a 20 something in the late sixties. Being a born and bred New Yorker, Andy Warhol has always been a presence in my peripheral vision as somewhat of a star. I say somewhat, because I can recall seeing him a few times at certain clubs in the early 80's, and a few times I saw him in Soho handing out Interview Magazines. No mobs surrounded him. These were the real days of the true jaded New Yorker.
That's Edie Sedgewick sitting there. She was amazing and her life was rife with drugs, drama and despair. She is the celebrated heroine of the biography by Jean Stien, aptly titled "Edie: A Biography." I have read this book about 15 times since first reading it in 1983, and I have always wanted to be involved in any kind of script that would most likely come from this brilliant life. I kept abreast of these wheelings and dealings, but the Sedgewick family, who were/are very prominent have always squelched any possibility of a movie.
About a week ago, I heard that many names of some "hottest" Hollywood tartlettes are being considered for the title role in yet another script I missed the boat on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Edie was Kyra Sedgewicks cousin...Cool blog man