Saturday, January 01, 2005

Things...

Sometimes a person is just not that interesting and they are deluded into thinking they are. I can not even begin to rant about the Paris' and the Lindsey's and the Ashton's that this society makes richer and richer while cool folks get nary the recognition they so warrant. Lili Taylor? Christopher Guest? Any person darker than white affected in the tsunami.
Did the "Point Break" ending take place in Thailand? I can't remember. Bodie wanted the perfect wave...I've known a lot of surfers and they all flocked to these archipelagoes for 6 months a year to surf...I guess a lot of those grommets and dudes caught the perfect wave. I hate to sound crass, but the ocean is so elusive and mysterious that it seems so less horrific as an image of say, people holding hands and jumping from the World Trade center's everything burns around them.
Which leads me back to the initial sentences of this post. My TiVo inadvertently recorded some Baba Wawa year end fuck fest that "celebrated" 10 interesting folks of the year. Was any thought put into this hubris other than trying to score a decent audience against The Amazing Race or whatever was on TV that night? I doubt it. How a big footed, blue contact lens wearing bimbo who has done zero for society since she started breathing our oxygen garners a spot on this list totally baffles me. I wonder if producers actually take meetings for these shows or do they Email it in on a Blackberry from a table at Spice Market? <---visit here for the lowdown from all disgruntled NYC restaurant employees...
I'm curious to know if other countries are as interested in faux celebrities as much as the US and UK. Like Denmark? Or Iceland? Or even Italy, France, Japan? Are their heads filled with as much useless information as we are deluded with. Even without watching those blocks of Entertainment shows which recycle the same story on each channel and bill it as an exclusive and even without reading an Us or People, I am still in the know. It seeps into our unconscious by chatting co-workers, or our rubbernecking to glance at someone's newspaper, taking up space in the vast amounts of unused synapses each of us have so many of....
I'm just as guilty as everyone else people...I just wish I could change it in myself.

No comments: